Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lost in translation...

What he said: Is she going to get a bath tonight? (Meaning our 5 year old)
What I take it to mean: Are you inquiring as to whether or not I will be bathing her? Because I am pretty sure you have the same access to the tub, shampoo and soap that I do and are welcome to bathe her.

What he said: These floors sure could be cleaned.
What I take it to mean: Yes, they sure could. You are welcome to clean them.

What he said: Are you going to clean the trashcan this weekend?
What I take it to mean: Do you mean while you are going on a golf trip with your buddies for three days while I am here working my full time job and being in charge of a five year old? No, I did not plan to clean the trash can this weekend but seeing as how it is Wednesday you can get a jump on things and clean it today. I did not notice any warnings on it that stated: DO NOT CLEAN TODAY.

What he said: Is she going to bed soon?
What I take it to mean: We are in the same time zone, and the door to the bedroom is not locked. Therefore; you are welcome to put her to bed.

Conflict resolution. My specialty. Communication is key. I lose my keys often. Want more on how I handle conflict in my life? Check out this oldie but goody.

4 comments:

Polly said...

ohhhh I know this story.

K said...

Aren't men such treasures sometimes??

TracyH said...

Oh I am so glad you wrote about this. I thought I was the only one that had these translation issues. Thanks for the laugh!!

presious said...

KT,

This is such a man thing...lol! You are so normal. Sorry, but you are. They really don't get it.

Always remember, men are little boys in a man's body. They are truly an additional child. No one explains this to us 'before' we get married...lol!

Was married 10 and half years. He's remarried and he stills says "Yes dear" to me...lol!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.