Sunday, August 9, 2009

Well, she's going to be all right...







When my friend Jordan moved to Columbia Missouri earlier this summer, I was worried about her. Her husband would be working non-stop as a resident at a hospital, leaving her to fend for herself in the quest for new friends and building a new life as well as raise their small daughter Adalynn. It is hard to have a friend move so far away, and not to be able to see for yourself that they are fine. In Jordan's case, better than fine. As long as I have been friends with Jordan and Jeremy it has just been in my nature to want to take care of them. They are such a young darling family, and such a long way from the familiarities of home as well as family and friends. Upon arrival in Missouri it was very clear I need not have worried. I am so used to Jordan living in an 800 square foot apartment, with two bathrooms and neighbors down stairs. Not anymore. Jordan and Jeremy have bought a beautiful brand new home, furnished it and painted it custom colors. It feels like the perfect little home for their growing family. I am so very proud of them, and feel more comfortable about their move now. They own matching hand towels and everything. So grown up! I do regret to say that my high hopes of having Tessa love Mizzou may not pan out. It was 90 degrees out, and humid as hell. We did not spent much time on campus as it was not bearable to be out in the heat. We'll see. I think next weekend we may be off to see Elon, in North Carolina. At some point we need to settle on a school. As I prepare to leave Missouri I can only say that I feel better about leaving my friend here. I know she will be fine, I know she will thrive. Her new friendships may not be the same as the old, but I know they will be fruitful and fun for her. And I know that I can always come to visit. It appears my work here is done...

4 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I am so happy you feel better about your friends new home. Good luck in finding a school, Tessa!
xo

Anonymous said...

you are too damn darling. Thank you for your great friendship. I had a blast with you here and only wish the weather was cooler and that it were longer. But I'm still glad you got to come! Miss you already :(

presious said...

The girls are all so adorable! Looks like they are doing quite well.

You are an awesome friend to be so concerned :)....that's a very sad statement, tells you a lot about me eh?

Anonymous said...

Easily I to but I about the collection should have more info then it has.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.