Friday, August 14, 2009

Tempted...


For months, OK, a year and a half now (since my husband found out I spent the equivalent of a new Lexus shopping) I have been so much better about not looking at catalogs that come in the mail. I've done a VERY good job of reducing temptation. But today, oh Sephora, you got me. You really got me.

The Temptu. I know I want it. I kind of even have talked myself into needing it. OK. Maybe it is a want. But, I can justify this as a need. Maybe even an investment.

I spend on average $40 every few months for foundation. Maybe this is excessive, but I am a snot about cosmetics. So sue me. And I never seem to love any of them, and only a few have made it to round two, and only one made it to round three. So if I am spending on average $240 per year trying to find a foundation I love and that works for me, why not spend the $225 on the Temptu? I'm so "tempted" by this product that I might actually (gasp) go into the store to try it versus just order it online. Although I am sad because I love getting my three free samples from Sephora when I place my order. Hmmm.....

Has anyone used this or have a friend who has? Tell me about it ladies, because I am pretty impulsive and will wind up buying this in the next couple of days unless someone tells me otherwise...

9 comments:

presious said...

KT,

Though I have no idea what this contraption is, I do admire your honesty with yourself...lol! You are trying very, very hard to stay disciplined in your temptations :). You are to be commended.

I have no passions in my life and I really wish I did. I am so disciplined in the area of shopping until it is really sad. If the money is not available, there's no need in shopping.

Also, shopping frustrates me because I become overwhelmed with so many products from makeup to fashion to appliances...lol!

I don't smoke. I do drink in soical occasions. I think it's a good thing that you do like to shop and that you are learning to fight the temptation unless it is a "need"...and sometimes a "want"

You go girl!

presious said...

Ok KT,

I clicked and checked it out. It depends on how into makeup you are. Do you 'need' to be this professional or is it a truly a 'want'.

I won't tell you not to get it, but coming from myself who is a minimalist, it seems a bit excessive. If you have a career in television or modeling, this might work. For moderate, everyday work or lifestyle, it seems a bit much.

However, you have to determine how this works for you. My mother always said, "Always treat yourself to something from each paycheck."...whether it be a candy bar or, well, a Temptu.

Maybe you can get it and make the financial sacrifice somewhere else in the budget so your money stays balanced.

Take your time and think about it. Do what you feel is right for you. Just be willing to make any necessary sacrifices or tolerate the consequences...if any.

La Belette Rouge said...

Definitely go to the store. Have them put it on half of your face( to see how it works when you know what you are doing) and you do the other half. Then, if you decide to buy it, come prepared with a list of things you want samples for. I went yesterday and only body a bottle of lotion and I left with 10 samples. For a $240 purchase I might even ask for 15 samples.

Let us know if you get it!

Gwen said...

I think that if you are willing to spend $200 in the store they should give you free samples anyways. I would DEFINITELY try it out before you buy it though and then let us know how you like it. :) XOXO

Polly said...

What is it?

Polly said...

oh my god, now I know I want.

KT said...

Update on the Temptu:
After doing my make up today, and once again, hating the coverage of my foundation I'm going to check out the Temptu in person tomorrow. Although Presious, you have a good point and one I've considered about the coverage. I don't want to look like I think I'm headed to a photo shoot on a daily basis. We'll see tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I have no clue what this is??? Try the Giorgio Armani foundation first! It's only 65 bucks!

KT said...

Karen, I did use the Armani Face Fabric. Loved it at first, then I wound up a bit oily when using it. I think I may go back to Laura Mercier. Presious made me feel guilty about the expense of the Temptu. (Any chance she and my husband are in cahoots on this???)


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.