Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I've seen better days.

Welcome home. Back to reality. Due to the complete and total lack of confidence I have in the Volvo, I decided to rent a car to go visit Jordan in Missouri. Thank God I did. Today after work (a travel day an hour away from home) I went out to start my car. Only my car would not start. Less than 48 hours after turning in my rental car my car needs a new battery. For all of my comments about driving my car until the bottom drops out I was not prepared for how crappy it would feel to be stranded in a city where I know no one. At the end of a work day. When all I want to do is go home. And feeling SO CLOSE to being ready to buy a new car, but not quite ready. The goal was to pay cash and not have a car payment. My reward for myself for dealing with the Volvo for so long was that I was going to get a car I LOVED, and not a car I settled for, or was fine with. It was going to be a car that would perfectly compliment my mid-life crisis I am smack dab in the middle of. Unfortunately, the Volvo and I did not compare savings accounts and payment status before it decided to conk out on me. But in the hour it took AAA to get to me, I did check out used cars online and found some that would work and keep me payment free.
Option #1- Brian thinks I am crazy, but I am a firm believer in "signs." I think it is a sign that the picture of the dash on the car displays my favorite radio station. I'm going to drive the car this weekend.
Option #2- I'm not as excited for this. But, I have a feeling I could be. We used to have this same car before the Volvo.
Option #3- Keep saving and don't make any hasty decisions.
Option #4- Revert to Option #1 while contemplating what the f*#k to do about this. Enjoy some music at home, as somehow my car stereo won't even play ANYTHING now. But it does have some fun symbols that flash on the screen. Just no music. (Did I mention Option #1)

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Sorry to hear about your shitty day. :(
I vote Lexus!

Hillary said...

Oh man decisions, decisions. Tough b/c I like opt 1 and 2. I may be in the same boat soon.

presious said...

Well, I dont know about the whole 'sign' thing :), but it really does sound like you are on the right track. Sometimes, you just know it's the right way to go.

It's not like you are going into this blindly. You are being quite cautious and you are doing your homework.

I'm trying my darndest to not buy another car. All my cars are oldies; 1996 Jetta, 1990 Ford Econoline van with a V8 engine...yes, gas guzzler, and a 1977 very small motorhome. They all run great. Motorhome needs some maintance. I truly understand wanting to pay outright for your car.

I say do the thing girl!

Polly said...

Option 1 and 2 are both excellent options!!

K said...

Option #1 is adorable! I do believe in signs too though so I can see how the radio station thing would weigh in.

Sara said...

They are both awesome, but who doesn't want to drive around in a kicky little convertible? You'll be the coolest mom on the block (as if you weren't already!).


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.