Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Once upon a time...

There was a little girl who loved to read books. Loved to read. She spent countless hours laying under the covers in bed with a flashlight reading Trixie Belden books after bedtime, much to her mother's dismay. Trixie Belden was ballsy and fierce before we realized how cool it was to be those things. Going to run errands in the car? Bring a book. Class time? Hidden book. Vacation? Pack many books. Books have been a constant in my life. I would spend my last money on books. When I was pregnant with my first daughter I played books on tape to my belly. And let me tell you, she is a reader. I did not do the same with my second daughter, but she does have quite the impressive book collection and loves to read as well. I read on average 3-5 books per week, and my tastes are way varied.
Well, my friend Joe (who gets more press on here lately than I even know what to do with) told me about the National Book Festival in Washington DC. Um, have you SEEN the list of authors appearing? MAJOR AUTHORS!
Kate DiCamillo (Writes my daughters favorite series)
Judy Blume- Got me through my teenage years
Jodi Piccoult and Nicholas Sparks- Make me feel insightful
James Patterson- Thriller royalty to me
I can't wait!!!!! Guess we all know where I will be at the end of September!!!

3 comments:

presious said...

KT,

I think that's so wonderful that you love to read so much. I haven't the patience to sit still that long! However, when I was younger, I would read and I love how a story can take you to a completely different place in the world, in our experience. I'd love to get it back.

Sara said...

Are you really going? SO JEALOUS!! Those are some of my all time favorite authors right there!!

KT said...

I am going Sara. Booked my room and everything. I'm so excited. My biggest worry is that I will get arrested for stalking Judy Blume. Or Kate DiCamillo. OK, there's a huge list of authors I can't wait to see!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.