Sunday, August 2, 2009

What I read this weekend...


Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. I absolutely loved this book. It is the tale of two sisters growing up in China and their eventual departure from their lives as pampered daughters to arranged marriages and life in the U.S. Their lives are chronicled through their teenage years through their lives as adults and the struggles they go through as they acclimate to their new lives and challenges they face.

I'm mailing books out to several people tomorrow, and as always am more than happy to pass one more along. If anyone wants this book just let me know!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Hey, lady! I am looking for The Time Traveler's Wife. Do you happen to have that in KT's Sassy Library?

Leslie said...

Oooh Ive bought this as well! Just didnt get to on vacation but it's next on the list. Glad to hear it was awesome!!

Leslie said...

Did you read her previous book, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan? Totally not my type of book (it was for book club) but I LOVED it!

KT said...

Sara- I have not read Time Traveler's Wife. For some reason I can't quite decide if I will love it or hate it.
Leslie- I have not read either of those but will check them out now!

Polly said...

That sounds really great KT - another one to add to my long list!!

I tried emailing you the other day but it seemed to bounce?

Hillary said...

Oh I'm going to have to check this out. I read her other book and loved it. I tend to gravitate towards stories of China. I know very little of my heritage and these books are a way for me to understand my family's past.

KT said...

Hillary. I will send it to you. Email me your info.

Anonymous said...

I have the Time Traveler's Wife, Sara! Do you want it?

KT, I LOVE Lisa See and have read them all, except this one!!! Can I have it and I will send it on after...Karen

KT said...

Karen- absolutely! Will put it in the mail monday.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.