Thursday, August 6, 2009

Road trip to the Show Me state...




For those of you not up on your geography lessons, that would be Missouri. Caroline, Tessa and I are headed off on a trip to see Jordan and fam. Can you say excited? Although I may have lost my marbles as I am driving. 8 1/2 hours. Dear God, I hope we don't have any Clark Griswold episodes. I have the Garmin packed, Map Quest directions printed and Caroline's beloved Nintendo DS. My new Blakcberry and Tessa's Ipod and we should be good to go.


Missouri holds a special place in my heart. My uncle was the Monsignor at the Old Cathedral in St. Louis until he reached mandatory retirement age. If you are not familiar with it, the church sits under the St. Louis Arch. I would venture to guess that I was the only kid I knew who spent part of her summer vacation each year staying at a church rectory, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. The views from the church are spectacular, and I got to go to tons of Cardinals baseball games. Spent many summer days walking around Lacledes Landing. After I graduated from high school I decided to hop in my car and drive to Columbia Missouri to see the University of Missouri. Loved it. Cried when I realized I had missed my chance to apply and attend. With any luck, maybe Mizzou will be the school for Tessa. Fingers crossed! When I was older, I would walk arount The Loop hoping to run into Nelly. Never happened.
Tessa and I spent our first mother/daughter vacation in Missouri the summer before she started kindergarten. This will be Caroline's last vacation before she starts school. Ah, old memories and new memories. Should be a good time.
Jordan: Can't wait to see you! Fair warning- Caroline wants a pedicure, complete with flowers.

2 comments:

presious said...

KT,

A road trip? Oh girl, yes, yes, yes. Me and my kids would travel from San Diego to San Francisco about twice a year. We have a small, 1977 motorhome for last few trips. Prior to that, we drove our 1990 Ford Econoline Van.

It was just me and my four kids. Even when I was married, my ex did not travel much with us. Yes, the kids grumbled, but we have a small t.v./vcr, games stations, books, games, etc....and most important, a cooler full of food!

In fact, we are truly missing the travel. Money simply has been tight. I can't loose hope. The motorhome needs some tlc. When funds get right, we will be back on the road again :).

Have an awesome trip!

K said...

Sounds like a great trip!! Have fun.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.