Tuesday, August 18, 2009

You never know who you'll meet online...


When I started blogging, I really never expected anyone to read and comment, except for my friend Jordan, who was the first person I ever showed my blog to. (Which was only in response to hers in an "If you can do it, I can do it too" attitude.) And granted, my first ever "comments" came from friends and neighbors, AFTER I emailed them the link to my blog. After looking back through, my first ever "comment" from someone I didn't know was in August 2007. It's funny to think I've been blogging about next to nothing for so long! I've traded books, cosmetic tips and recipes with some of you. General life encouragement from others. And yet, I'm STILL amazed when someone comments. I always wonder "How in the heck did they find me?"

Back on track Katie, get back on track...

So today I had an exciting surprise at my front door. A present! From a fellow blogger! My list of blogs I tend to follow is about as wide and varied as... well, my blog I suppose! Jewish Girl in Wasps Clothing recently had a fun idea to have a "Monogram Swap." Now tell me, how is a girl like me supposed to pass something like this up? Picking out a present? Shopping online? Shipping it? Getting assigned a partner? I was in like flynn! Along with something crazy like 50 other people!

So ladies, meet my Monogram Swapper- Marian. It was fun to get assigned someone who is getting ready to embark on a new life and marriage. I'm not going to tell you what I sent her, as that is her surprise, but I sure can show you what she sent me! Thank you Marian! It was so fun to get this in the mail. The funny thing is, I almost did a cosmetic bag as well. How funny would that have been?

2 comments:

presious said...

KT,

How cool was that?! :), good for you! I love it!

I don't send my blog to my friends. I guess it goes along the lines of what FFF Saz was talking about when her son made his comment about people, their identity and the internet.

I feel many of my friends and family are very closed minded. I like to talk about everything and anything. So many of us have different views, opinions and thoughts that others can learn from. It's just exciting to be able to share :).

Your entry is a good example of what can happen between friends that share!...:)

Anonymous said...

I love it! What a fun idea. I wish I could do fun stuff like that. One day when we have some income! Too fun tho!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.