Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The great divide (Or another installment of what to do when your husband gets on your nerves)




Or my alternate title:


A ribbon runs through it


So, depending on how long you have been reading my blog, you may remember a while back when Brian made me mad about helping out with the housework stating that he had done as much as he wanted to and was done. So I decided I had also done all I wanted to do and therefore I only made my half of the bed. Well, once again the bed has served me in my time of need. This time in a very un-Brady sort of way. And I only say this because I am pretty sure they did something similar to this on the Brady Bunch once. Anyway...
I like to read at bedtime. Brian likes to watch television. And he has been griping at me that the light keeps him from falling asleep and I should do my reading downstairs and come to bed when I am done. This coming from a guy who has fallen asleep many times over the years with the lights on. And the television. So my point is that I should be able to read if he is going to continue to watch television, being that the television prevents ME from falling asleep. Since we can't agree on this one right now I have decided to take an old piece of advice from Brian which is that sometimes you have to just agree to disagree. Which I am fine with. But I also solved the problem. I ran a ribbon down the middle of the bed. He can watch tv on his side and I will read on mine. Problem solved for now until we can come to a happy compromise. Also, I did use a VERY cute ribbon, which is orange and white polka dots. And in a much cuter though maybe not as entertaining of a picture, how cute is Caroline jumping on Tessa's bed?

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Too funny. Right now Will and I are having the sme issue. He's wants to be in bed by 9:30 and I want the downtime to watch tv...

V said...

such a great idea! and how cute is your little girl?! You'll have to keep us updated on what happens...

Anonymous said...

KT, you crack me up! Most days Dave doesn't have to get up for about 2 hours after me, however, I can never seem to get to bed before him plus he loves to have the TV on and chit-chat before falling asleep - leaving me with about 4 1/2 - 5 hrs of sleep a night. NOT ENOUGH!
Your daughter is adorable and I love the pillow on Tessa's bed.

Ally said...

Al goes to bed with the sun (and gets up with it) and I stay up late and get up late. Go figure.

I do have a no TV rule for the bedroom so that's one obstacle we avoid. No sleepy time (or any other time, ahem) distractions :)

The Albrecht's said...

That is so funny! Your little girl is adorable. When are you leaving to visit Jordan by the way? I hear Trinette is going too! Have tons of fun for me!

The Albrecht's said...

That is so funny! Your little girl is adorable. When are you leaving to visit Jordan by the way? I hear Trinette is going too! Have tons of fun for me!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.