Saturday, August 16, 2008

Conflict resolution


As I've blogged about before, laundry is always a concern at our house and something I admit I do half-heartedly. I've also mentioned some of the "disagreements" at our house and how we handle those. So Brian has taken the last week and a half off as vacation and just golfed, fished, chaperoned a field trip etc... He did go in to work the other day for a meeting and left in a huff. As he told me, "I've been on vacation for a week and I don't even have any clean black socks?" And somehow he was frustrated with ME for this? Um, Brian... remember, YOU are on vacation, not me so how does that statement make any sense? It's not like I used vacation time and didn't do my own laundry. And the socks are washed, but no, I didn't match them up. So Brian used his best conflict resolution today and went and bought new socks. That will teach me.

3 comments:

ohthatgirl said...

I love it! My husband was on vaction last week and keep wondering why there were always dishes in the sink....not wanting to admit he was the only person responsible for them as he was the only one at home. Grrrr!

KT said...

Trust me, I hear you. My husband called me at work once to see if we had any milk. He was at home at the time. I patiently gave him directions to the fridge and explained how it opened...

Anonymous said...

hahaha! that freakin cracks me up! Thankfully jeremy doesn't throw such a fussy when he doesn't have clean socks...but he'd probably would do the same thing. love the milk story!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.