Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Suppertime!


Another reason I am lucky is my job flexibility. Some days I bring my crockpot to work and make dinner right in my office. People come in and out during the day commenting on (hopefully) how good it smells. Today I am making Cafe Rio Shredded Pork. I got the recipe from my friend Traci. It is so easy to make and so good.

Cafe Rio Shredded Pork
6 lbs. Pork Roast
16 oz. salsa
1 can Coke
2 c. brown sugar
Place roast in slow cooker or crock pot and fill half way full of water. Cook on high for 5 hours. Cut roast into 3rds and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on high for 2 more hours. Shred the pork in the pot and cook for 1 more hour. Then Serve. I put the shredded pork in tortillas with cheese, sour cream, blackbeans...

5 comments:

~Swankymama said...

That sounds awesome! I will have to try it....maybe with diet coke?

How do you get it home??? :o)

Ally said...

My flexibility is similar (er...identical maybe?) to yours but it never occurred to me to bring the crock pot to work. Genius!

My only problem would be getting it all home...isn't it hot?

KT said...

Ally/Denise- I unplug it about a half an hour before I head for home. I use the lid from a case of paper to set it in just in case anything leaks out as I am driving. (I learned that lesson the hard way with a ham and 7 up crock pot incident.) I have a great chicken/artichoke crock pot recipe also.

E said...

Dude, that's awesome!! Crock pot roasts make me drool...

Anonymous said...

yum.....!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.