Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What's in a blog?


What's in a blog? What do I get out of blogging? Well, here's how blogging has kind of come full circle for me. I can tell you my first blog I got hooked on was a girl from Cinci who blogged about her outfit each day. It was fun seeing her outfits but what amazed me was the courage to post your picture each day and not look like you went to Olan Mills or something. (Is that place even in business anymore?) She always looks great, but it impresses me that someone would give strangers the chance to love or hate you on a daily basis. My own blog started as a joke between my friend Jordan and myself but quickly grew into more. I may not always have anything important to say but I blog about recipes, sales, family, whatever. If you know me my blog is really my personality. Eager and all over the place. So what I get out of blogging is reading OPB (Other people's blogs) and seeing things on sale, finding out that indeed they are also stressed and capable of laughing at themselves, seeing how people put outfits together... I have developed a kind of comraderie with some other bloggers and it's fun. But what really kind of made it come full circle today was when I am sitting at work today in Columbus Ohio and my friend Brittany comes in and asks me if I have seen the new belts from J Crew and telling me that there is a girl with a blog who can make these belts. Uh, excuse me, do you mean Kimberly? From Indianapolis? Brittany asks me if I know her and I'm like "We're blog buddies." Small crazy world, huh?

3 comments:

Ally said...

You down with OPB?

Yeah, you know me!

*busts a move*


Small world!

E said...

Oh how CUTE!!

~Swankymama said...

The blogging world opens up a whole set of opportunities and friendships!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.