Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic spirit



After staying up all night the other night to watch Michael Phelps swim and after seeing the cute girls at Cute on the Cheap post their Olympic Challenge I thought I would share my own Olympic story. During my last pregnancy I gained a lot of weight. As in 60 pounds. And the guy who works for me (and also made about 4 snack runs per day for me) delighted in rubbing it in day after day after day through the entire 13 months (it felt like) of my pregnancy. And no joke, I started gaining weight the minute I peed on the stick. So close to the end of my pregnancy I let him know that when I came back to work at the end of 6 weeks we were having the office Olympics and that I would have lost every pound of baby weight. I even had the line up:

Office chair spinning- See how many times we could spin around and not fall off our chairs

Resident arm wrestling- Random drawing to see which resident we arm wrestled and who won

Golf cart racing- No explanation needed

Resident bench press- Again, random drawing to see how many times we could bench press a person

I picked a date and Ken no showed on me but I have to brag that I did lose every pound of baby weight and then a couple more. A few years later I seem to have lost some of my Olympic spirit and motivation and need to re-gain it so I'm challenging myself to my own mini-Olympics again and getting back in the pool. I vow again to be among the first people at the gym door at 5:30 a.m. and in the water swimming my laps. So, that being said here is my outfit today (Hey guess what, my top is from Banana Republic) and hopefully in the weeks to follow my own Olympic spirit will shine through again as I get myself back in fighting shape.

3 comments:

Ally said...

It's too bad Resident Toss wasn't part of your games - there's always one or two you want to toss in the pool, right???

Lookin good, mama!

KT said...

I do have to say I tried to talk people into Dancing With the Residents where we each got a resident and had a community dance contest.

ohthatgirl said...

*raises hand to volunteer* I want in on those Olympics. I'm so kicking someones ass at something. LOL!

*whistles* I see you, girl! ;O)


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.