Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Divine Intervention...

Well, there are several titles that would be appropriate for this post:
1) Caught in the Act
2) Are you there God? It's me, Katie
3) Damn
I'm sure I could come up with more, but it went a little like this. Brian (Big Money) has been a touch upset (understatement) with my spending habits. In an "I told you so" kind of mood I told him I was going to go 30 days without spending money. (Food being an exception obviously) So last night Jordan, Traci and I took the kids to McDonald's for dinner (because that's the kind of mom I am) and then to a designer consignment store that had been written about in the paper and had glowing reviews. Well, that store was not all it was cracked up to be (as in I am pretty sure crack heads were shopping there) so we decided to hit another store where I have made some pretty good scores. (Not of the crack variety) So we are in there, it is close to closing time and in walk two guys from Jordan's church that I know. I just completely stopped. (As I am holding a Tahari skirt in my grubby little paws) And I asked them how they knew I was there. They had just been at my house to say Hi and I wasn't there. I was so nervous getting caught at the store! I asked if Brian knew I was there and they said that no, they were stopping in looking at ties and saw Caroline in the window. Phew! So I am not sure if the moral of the story is that God (and I hope no one if offended at me for discussing the Big Guy) was checking up on me to let me know that he was watching to make sure I kept my promise to Brian or if he was sending me a message that "It's OK Katie, you're at a consignment store looking for a good deal. Enjoy."

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

God was saying to you: yes, buy it, because you are technically saving money.

Anonymous said...

30 days without shopping???!!! That has to be absolutely killing you! You can do it though - have you picked out what you are going to buy on day 31 yet?

Ally said...

Screw 30 days. Just make it 30 days w/out him finding out! It's more of a challenge that way :)


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.