Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Evening Post...


So, here is a wrap-up of my day/thoughts:

Invited the girls from our neighborhood over to tell stories in the backyard and have snacks. Planned it for 8 p.m. so it would be dark and more of an adventure. Told the kids we would use flashlights and lanterns. Um... we don't own a lantern. Headed to Target 6 days after a major power outage to purchase a lantern. Am now the proud owner of the absolute only lantern left on the shelf at Target. It is a lot like Charlie Browns Christmas Tree. I do have to say that it was fun.

Decided I want to learn to use chopsticks. (Actually decided it last night.) I'm sure I won't do anything about it but just think to myself "I'd really like to learn to use chopsticks."

Finished reading American Wife. Honestly, I did not enjoy the book. I thought maybe it would be more uplifting, as it was supposed to be loosely based on a true First Lady. The woman in the book did not enjoy being the First Lady and really didn't seem to enjoy her husband and just kind of tolerated her life as an outsider looking in. But that is just my opinion. It isn't a book I'd suggest to anyone. But Kimberly, I am sending it your way. And Leslie, I'm curious what you thought about it as I know you are also reading it.

2 comments:

Ally said...

We have NOTHING handy if disaster strikes (again). No batteries, no candles, nothing.

We really need to get it together!

Leslie said...

I'm about halfway through American Wife...and I like it so far--but everything I've read says the second half is where it really goes downhill...I'll let you know when I finish.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.