Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend wrap up and a winner too!

So, Friday night was my friend Brittney's "ladies night" in lieu of a traditional baby shower. As a surprise to Brittney we took her out of town for the night. We spent the night in Beavercreek, a suburb of Dayton. There is a great shopping center there called The Greene where we were able to eat, shop and see a movie. We were staying at the site I oversee there, so it was fun having the place to ourselves for the night. We got back around midnight, only to discover that we needed toilet paper. I made a quick run and came back. Upon my arrival, the girls (5 of them) informed me that we had no running water. And we have a total of six girls, two of which are verrrry preggo. So I called emergency maintenance thinking we could walk through this on the phone. No dice. After following the instructions given to me, water came flying (not exaggerating) out of the washer hookup and hit the wall. (It was a straight shot) The poor guy ended up coming out, around 1 a.m. It was quickly determined that there would be no running water that night. Ugh. That is the closest I come to roughing it. We got to use the restroom in the clubhouse so all was well. We stayed up and chit-chatted until 4 a.m. 4 A.M. AARGH! And we had to be back in Columbus by 10 a.m. So no sleeping in. Well, I'm not going to lie. That tired me out. I stayed in my pj's until Monday at around 1 p.m. I'm not even joking. At this point, it takes me days to rally from something like that.
Watched Ohio State suck it pretty badly. Tickets for the Ohio State/USC game were going for about $1,000 prior to Saturday's game against Navy. After the game, I've seen them going for $250-$500. Ouch. I can tell you, on game day our neighborhood sees a lot of activity as we are close enough that people can park and walk to the game. I am NOT looking forward to next Saturday night as it is a night game, and the crowds are not going to be in a good mood if all goes as anticipated. My street will be loud and crowded. Great.
I'd like to say I accomplished anything this weekend, but I didn't. I did clean one bathroom, which my family is under strict instructions not to use as it looks so nice right now and I don't want it getting messed up. I also picked out a new bed for Caroline which will be here later this week.
But my biggest accomplishment of the weekend was using a random number generator to come up with a winner for my make up giveaway. I entered people one time each based on comment, link and mention on blog. And the winner was.... Christina. Email me your information Christina so I can get your prize out to you! Yippee!
Cheers to a busy week ahead for me!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Yea I won! I can't find your email address. Could you email me - christinasfavoritethings@gmail.com

Polly said...

4am - you dirty stopout!! Im useless past about 10 these days!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.