Monday, September 14, 2009

Rounding out year 37, and an evening with Bradley Cooper


No diggity, no doubt. Word on the street is that it's time for me to turn another year on the calendar of my life. I've got to say, I don't feel it. I'm pretty sure if I'm turning 38 I shouldn't be torn between going old school listening to Rappers Delight or debating the merits of my new fave hottie Pitbull. So either the calendar is incorrect, or I'm slow to mature, just like my garden this year.

What am I hoping for in my 38th year?

Hmmm....

The chance to see Black Eyed Peas in person

Great books to read

For Tessa to get some AWESOME scholarships

For Caroline to learn to read so she can truly appreciate how fun reading is

To get a book signed by Judy Blume

To lose 10 pounds without even trying (A girl can dream, can't she?)



On to my evening with Bradley Cooper. Two words. Hot. Tee. I guess I should come clean and mention that it was really an evening with my friend Sara. Bradley was just along for the ride. I can't get enough of that guy. But as much as I'd like to talk about Bradley, I'd like to talk about All About Steve. His new flick with Sandra Bullock. Who plays Mary Horowitz. Who could quite possibly be me. Mary is a girl who is maybe just a little bit... wordy. Loquacious. Exuberant. A nice Catholic Jewish girl. Is any of this sounding familiar? To a girl who spent summers at Jewish Summer Camp and was at Catholic school September-May it sure does! But what really hit home is something I've been saying to Tessa for years. Be normal. In the movie, everyone is on Mary to just be normal. In true entertainment value style, Mary perseveres and shows that it is OK to be you, whatever someone else's perception of "normal" may be.

Which leads me to my last wish of my 37th year- That Tessa continue being as comfortable being who she is as she spends her last year at home with me and into her college years. To quote/summarize the Black Eyed Peas:

I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night. Fill up my cup. Mazel tov.

Oh, and I thought I'd share the birthday love from Sephora. I got three free lippies from them, but want to share two. (I'm on lip gloss overload over here!) Post a comment if you'd like your name in the drawing and I'll send them to someone. They will go in the mail Tuesday so act fast!

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Happy Birthday KT!!!! Wishing you a wonderful year full of great memories with your girls, hanging on to the Volvo, pumping music, can't-put-it-down reads, crazy roadtrips, and fun blog postings! Much love, Hillary

Jill Ann said...

We are almost the same age! I will lone you my uber hot hubs that has to die for Bradley Cooper eyes:) Mazel Tov!

Trinette Hayslip said...

Happy Birthday, my love! And you can just make that 3 into a 2 and then we can be the same age!

TracyH said...

Happy Birthday KT! I didn't find 38 to be a difficult birthday, 36 was much worse for me. I am a lipstick/lipgloss junkie so sign me up!!!!

La Belette Rouge said...

Happy Birthday, lovely you!! Being 38 does not mean you need to be listening to Kenny G. Actually, most 38 year olds I know listen to new music and music from their youth.

Hope this year is filled with all your wishes come true and for some wishes you don't even dare to write to also come true.

Hope you are celebrating big.
xoxo
p.s. I wrote about you on my blog today.

K said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great year and that all your wishes come true!

Sara said...

Sorry I'm late to the party, but Happy Birthday just the same!! Hope it was a fabulous one!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.