Friday, October 30, 2009

You won't believe this one...


So, Caroline and her BFF from her daycare days had to part ways this year as they embarked on their respective Kindergarten careers. And as we all know, maintaining friendships takes some work when your lives go in completely opposite directions. Or in this case, opposite school districts. Well, we were able to squeeze in some much needed Gwyn time. As a part of this celebration of friendship we went to Graeters. When we dropped Gwyn off I realized I had neglected to bring ice cream for Gwyns brother, so I asked the girls to leave their used ice cream cups outside while we walked Gwyn into her house. And me being me, I forgot about the ice cream cups sitting on the back of my car and drove to Barnes and Noble. Where I noticed the ice cream cups sitting on the back of my car. Still. I was pretty amused by this. Amused enough that I decided to see if I could make it home without the cups falling off. (FYI- I am not a proponent for littering. I told myself if the cups fell off I would pick up trash around my neighborhood to make up for it.) By the time I got home, I forgot about the cups. But here is where the story gets good. In the morning, I got up, took Caroline to school and proceeded to drive to Beavercreek Ohio (A Dayton suburb) to my property there for the day. When I got to Beavercreek the CUPS WERE STILL ON THE BACK OF MY CAR! No joke! I drove over 70 miles at an average of 70 miles per hour and those freaking ice cream cups were still there! I made the manager of the property look out of her office window at my car in the parking lot with the ice cream cups still on there! Spoons and all! (And then I finally got rid of them. OK, truth, I tossed them in the backseat of my car. I suck.) Can you even believe that???

5 comments:

K said...

That's amazing! I can't believe even the spoons were still there.

Jill Ann said...

That is crazy! You just reminded me I need to get Graeter's Cinnamon for Saturday! Happy Halloween!

WendyB said...

LOL -- that's an achievement!

Ally said...

Can you drive all the way to Louisville with ice cream??

presious said...

That is sooo funny! That is sooo cool! I just imagined they would have fallen over and you had a huge mess, needless to say funky smell, in your back seat!

You go girl! NASCAR ain't go nu'in on you!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.