Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sweet Success!

Well, after 6 months of planning, the Swap N Shop that I organized is over. At the end it made me think of Thanksgiving dinner. A lot of work, but over so quickly. I was glad I did it, because it showed me another glimpse of what I am able to do if I have a plan and follow it. I was able to take an idea, a handful of people and a little time and turn it into something big. We had over $5,000 donated in door prizes and goody bag items. Girls came from Kentucky as well as other parts of Ohio. It was fun! We were able to benefit the Dress for Success charity, which makes me feel good. Many, many thanks go out to everyone who participated and made it such a nice afternoon. I was asked... will I do it again??? Well, it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks so let this old dog take a breather and we will see.
Next up on the agenda... A relaxing facial. Ah, Aveda.

3 comments:

presious said...

KT,

Congrats to you! Sounds like it was a great success! Bravo! Bravo! It's really nice to hear of such a great job, especially when it's your first time :).

I say, get that facial and start planning the next one!

Polly said...

Awesome work KT, good on you.

La Belette Rouge said...

Hooray! Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself. I hope this week you don't have glasses or going to work without pants issues and that life returns to normalish.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.