Wednesday, October 28, 2009

At what point do you become "That girl?"


Do you know the girl I am talking about? If you do, I'm interested to hear about her, because I've been thinking about her.

She came up in a conversation I was having with a friend the other day.

"That girl."

We were discussing spinning class at 5:45 a.m. and it was decided that neither of us was "that girl."

Until last year though, I was "that girl."

I never wanted to be a stay at home mom, until Caroline inched closer and closer to Kindergarten and I felt like time and opportunities were slipping away from me and then I realized I wished I had even a few months to be "that girl."

There was a time where I would never have been "that girl" and purchased a pair of Louboutins, but sure did appreciate the thought of them. (Although I sure did jump all over them when Gilt had them on their website for all of 15 minutes before they sold out!)

A matter of years ago, I would never judge anyone for having/wanting Botox, but wasn't sure I would ever be "that girl."

And as all of these scenarios play out, I can't quite put my finger on who "that girl" is.

Is she the person we want to be? The person we never thought we would be but are becoming?

The person who is easy to judge and is interesting to talk about? The girl down the street or in the office next to ours?

I'm not quite sure who "she" is, but I sure am spending a lot of time thinking about her lately.

2 comments:

kc said...

funny - "that girl" is actually more than one person to me... usually they are a person i've realized i won't be and am totally not bummed about. but don't worry - you are that and so much more!

K said...

She's whomever you need her to be! That's the great thing about her. You can scorn her and you aren't actually being mean to anyone.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.