Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sisters...




Let me tell you who I nominate for sister of the year. Tessa. That kid is a good sport. This past weekend was homecoming and all of the kids got together to do pictures prior to the dance. I took Caroline to see Tessa off on the big night and Caroline was just itching to get in on the action. One of the parents was gracious enough to invite Caroline into a group photo with all of the "girls" and Caroline could not insert herself into the group fast enough. All of the kids were so gracious about including Caroline. At one point Caroline thought she was not going to be in a group photo and she started BAWLING. Tessa had to come down a set of stairs to comfort her and lead her back in to the group. Love her.


When it was time to see Tessa (and her date) off, Caroline lost it. She really, really had every intention of going to the dance with her sister. When the realization hit that she was not going she told me it was the worst date ever and that she was never going on another date again. Whew. Although she did insist that she is going to prom with Tessa. Thankfully we have a few months to tackle that one.

6 comments:

Jill Ann said...

What a sweet girl!

Leslie said...

that is just soooo sweet!!! the pictures just show the sweetness of the moment. you can really see how much caroline adores her big sister and how proud she is to be included in the picture with them. this just made me smile this evening.

Ally said...

I need Tessa as a big sister too! I <3 your girls :)

WendyB said...

LOL re "worst date ever." How adorable.

presious said...

Oh my goodness! *Sniff the memories! My sister and I double dated to our prom. She was the one making sure I was included. She was quite protective of me...still is. Nothing like sisterly love!

Between Homecomings and Proms, so emotional! I wanted to cry myself when I read this one lol! So far, three of my kids have been through them. I still have one more to go! The boys look like Princes, and the girls look like Princesses. Our babies "look" so grown up, like Barbie and Ken...lol

These moments can be so sensitive and emotional. Mom's bring your boxes of kleenex! LOL!

Polly said...

awww that is absolutely adorable. Makes me miss my little sisters too.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.