Thursday, October 22, 2009

You never know until it's too late...

The value of a hug. I don't consider myself (unless my perception of myself is off) to be a very "touchy feely" kind of person. At least I didn't think I was. Until today. I have had the HARDEST time figuring out what it was about my old position within my company that I missed so much. And while there are many answers, I think I have it narrowed down. (Because when you spend 4 hours alone in your car with no car stereo, you can figure a lot out.) I miss the hugs. If I were smart enough to know how to do graphics I would do a chart of my job. (Actually, this one comes down to laziness. I bet I could do it if I wanted to.) I would guess it is like many jobs that involve dealing with the public. A huge portion of my job was being a social worker. A listener. And in many cases, being a participant in the day to day lives of people. And sometimes, this goes on year after year. A lot of times, I got hugged. Today I realized that as I travel for work and am not really involved in the day to day aspects of individuals and their lives that they don't know me and I don't know them. Which I miss. And now I realize. I'm not getting hugged enough. A little hug goes a long way.

Hugs. Give somebody one today.

5 comments:

Ally said...

You're so much better at this than I am. I never get hugged. I just get yelled at for sending a late notice or a "pick up your dog crap" letter. *sigh*

K said...

I'm on it! Gonna throw out tons of hugs today. I hope I don't get arrested .... ;-)

KT said...

Ally, that is not true. And I have LOADS of hugs for you. xoxoxo

Ally said...

I'll take your hugs, lady :)

It's the residents who don't hug and frankly I'm okay with that. Don't want piggy flu, ya know.

presious said...

Hugs are so powerful. I have a dear friend that when times get tough, we will drive to where each other are just to get that hug. It's almost if a hug can reassure you that things will be better, that it will be alright.

Love hugs!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.