Sunday, October 25, 2009

This weekends read- After You


I loved this book. Sometimes I devour certain books as fast as I can because I NEED to know what is going to happen next. (Twilight, Luxe, Rumors, Envy...) Then there are books that I savor. I draw them out because I know that the end is the end. Not like a series where I can get more, more, more. After You by Julie Buxbaum was one of my "drawn out" books. I was not ready to reach the end. After You is the story of what happens to a friendship, life and a family after your best friend is killed. How you can drop everything to come to the aid of a friend, but also to the aid of yourself as well. I have to admit that as the pages dwindled in this book I was not quite ready to be done with it. Good news is that I am picking up Julie's other book The Opposite of Love today.

If anyone wants to read After You let me know. You will absolutely enjoy it!


3 comments:

Loving Life said...

I also devour books sometimes too! Drives my husband crazy b/c I won't do anything else around the house until I'm finished :)

Polly said...

That sounds like a really decent read. I hate that sad feeling of a good book coming to an end, but at least it means you can pick up something new!

Unknown said...

Hi KT,
Thanks so much for the lovely and thoughtful review of AFTER YOU. So glad to hear you enjoyed, and honored that you didn't want it to end. Really appreciate you taking the time to write about the book, and helping to spread the word! You'll have to let me know what you think of THE OPPOSITE OF LOVE.

All the best,
Julie Buxbaum


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.