Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So cheesy!




One thing I love is getting together with "the girls." I am very lucky and have quite the diverse group of friends and amazingly enough everyone seems to enjoy one anothers company, no matter how different our lives may be. So I try at least once a month or every other month to find an activity we can all enjoy. This month I decided it would be fun to host a "cheese" party. The thought was that each person brought a different type of cheese to share so we could each sample something new. It was so fun to catch up with everyone and do a little munching at the same time! So thanks to all of the ladies who came. It was nice seeing everyone! And just for fun I thought I would share yet another idea from Real Simple. Take a paint sample from your local hardware store (You know, the ones that come in a long strip with seven shades of blue on the strip.) Fold it in half and write your information on the "tent" you have made. I did this and we each wrote which kind of cheese we brought. Colorful, fun and free! *You can see them, they are the little cards behind the platters.

5 comments:

Polly said...

Oh yum, cheese is one of my most favourite things. Sounds like an awesome idea.

Ashley said...

A; Thanks so much for hosting this, I've been totally looking forward to it. I dreamed cheese all night last night. It was way fun!

B: I'm in love with your house, no joke. You have decorated it to perfection! And I need some of those Candle Lab (is that the brand?) Candles in my life - what scent did you have burning? I seriously love your place!

KT said...

Ashley, you are too nice! You can come over to my house any time you want! I'll check the Candle Lab scent I had last night for you. That place is awesome though, you go and pick from scents and create your own custom blends! It's a bit expensive but the candles last and smell so good, plus it's a fun experience!

La Belette Rouge said...

One of the best parties I ever went to was a stinky cheese part. Everyone brought a bottle of wine and a stinky cheese. It was fantastically delicious and very easy for the hostess.

Hillary said...

Love this idea. Even though cheese isn't diet friendly, it is braces friendly and who doesn't love cheese :-) Also great tip on the paint samples.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.