Monday, July 13, 2009

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...


Early last year I got caught with my pants down. Or rather, a lot of pants in my closet. And a lot of shoes in my closet. OK, and some expensive handbags as well. I had amassed a wee bit of credit card debt, much to my husbands chagrin. And when I say wee bit, I am being sarcastic. And not a wee bit, a lotta bit. And the problem was, I was not exactly forthcoming about my secret stash o'credit cards. And like many things you don't want out in the open, this one did not successfully stay in the closet. So my husband bailed me out, and I learned to live within my means. Which has felt downright mean at times. This year for Lent I gave up SHOPPING. Although temptress Wendy Brandes did manage to get the best of me, but I had allowed myself a hall pass while on vacation for some shopping which was when I made my purchases, so it kind of didn't count. Moving right along, my Lenten sacrifices stayed with me. Yes, I have done some shopping, but NOTHING compared to the days of Katie in her heyday. (Cue wistful daydreaming sequence) But, true confession: I did buy several new dresses to take on girl trip. So I'm getting ready to go out this past weekend and Brian says "Is that a new dress?" Damn. That guy NEVER notices stuff like that. Fortunately I was able to answer honestly that no, the dress was not new. Which it wasn't. I had already worn it once. So there.

3 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Just a few dresses for your trip? That, my friend, seems very restrained. I would say you should be proud of yourself.

Polly said...

My answer is generally "No Ive had this for ages".....noone ever asked me to define ages!!

Anonymous said...

Why is it so friggin hard to stop shopping!!!!!Nothing satisfies as much!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.