Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mail call! (And why I am loving the US Postal Service)


Lately, I LOVE getting our mail. Love it! In addition to my new-found love of Hey It's Free! and all of the fun free samples I get in the mail we have been getting...

LETTERS FROM SCHOOLS!

I just knew when we got Tessa's AMAZING ACT scores we would start getting some good mail and I was right! Yippee!

We got the breakdown of her scores, and I have to say once again how impressed I am by my daughter. She scored in the top 1% of kids in the state of Ohio AND the US. 1% That's MY daughter folks!

Whew! Hopefully this will help take some of the sting out of tuition, as some of the schools she is interested in are a bit on the pricey side.

So far, the front runners are:

Michigan State

University of Dayton

Miami of Ohio

I think Kentucky is so-so on her list. (Sorry Kentucky ladies, I thought this would be a stronger sell for her. Not sure why it isn't.)

Still need to go see Indiana (Special shout out to my Hoosiers!) Mizzou (Possibly one of my biggest regrets in life- not looking at Mizzou seriously) Pitt and the latest addition to her list, Notre Dame. Um, I was a little thrown for a loop when Notre Dame got thrown into the mix the other day. It's up there with Michigan State on the sticker shock factor.) She also surprised me a bit when she casually mentioned having started an application to Hanover.

Man, this all makes me want to go to college all over again! Too fun!



5 comments:

Ally said...

I've heard good things about Hanover AND it's close-ish to Aunt Ally. hahaha

WendyB said...

I'd NEVER want to do college again! You must have had a better time than I did!

KT said...

Wendy, I am telling you, let's go back together. Maybe it's because there is ZERO pressure on me or the fact that I am no longer young and insecure but visiting these colleges is a blast! I can't WAIT for parents weekend. And if they don't have one, I'm showing up anyway!

Loving Life said...

Mizzou is HUGE!!! I went there to visit a friend a couple weeks ago!

Polly said...

Sounds far better than our system - we pretty much just get offered a place at a uni and that is it. If you want to you can go for a second round offer but generally best just to get what you are given.

Would have been great to have a choice.
Glad you are having a ball.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.