Saturday, January 31, 2009

What I'm reading, what you could be helping children read...


No big secret- I am an avid lover of all things in print form. I love to read. Occasionally when I read a book that really piques my interest I try to share it either or my blog or sending it to a friend for them to enjoy. Today, I have a dilemma. I just finished reading Little Pink House by Jeff Benedict. This book was outstandingly well written. Captivating. Non-fiction. Wait? Did I just use the words captivating and non-fiction in the same sentence? You bet I did. This book is very thought provoking and really, a great, great read. My dilemma is that as much as I love sharing, I want to keep this book. So no sharing will be had other than my strong suggestion that if you enjoy reading to pick a copy of this one up! And by reading this book (or any book) you can support La Belette Rouge's Reading is Sexy campaign. She is right you know. I can not even tell you how many times I have been approached by people telling me how incredibly sexy I am as I am reading.... Also, if you want to do a good deed, check out the Reach out and Read program for children. This is an important program and an excellent way to get books in the hands of children who might otherwise not get the chance to learn to love reading.

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I am going to get this book. I love captivating non-fiction. Thank you for the recommendation. Non-fiction is my favorite genre after all truth is stranger than fiction.

And, mon amie, merci for supportive my Reading is Sexy campaign!!!!:-)

KT said...

C'est rien mon ami.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.