Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow day? Snow way!




Yesterday we did get a snow day but today it was time to get back to the grind. And as a property manager I knew, I just KNEW my phone would be ringing off the hook today. So my very first phone call of the day after being closed yesterday like the rest of the city was "Do you know when you can shovel my sidewalk and salt it too?" And yes, I love my job but really, ice melt is not going to do ANYTHING when you have inches of ice under snow which has also been rained and sleeted on. (Is sleeted even a word?) AND it is under 20 degrees and will be for the next few days. Well, I'm no mathematician but based on my best estimates I figure that with 228 individual sidewalks at 5 minutes per sidewalk with no warm-up breaks we should be able to clear all of this in about 11 hours and 40 minutes. Keep in mind that does not include the main sidewalks in front of each and every building. The good news is that I came to work dressed to help run the snow blowers which ALWAYS worries/irritates/makes the guys who work for me laugh. Last year they thought it would be pretty funny to neglect to mention to me that a snow blower has "reverse" much like a car does and they watched me lug the snow blower backwards down each sidewalk as I was done with it before moving on to the next one. Real funny guys. But, check out my cute Hunter boots. Worth every penny!

7 comments:

Jane said...

Good Luck!
At least the boots will keep you dry!

Tessa said...

mom. they have a commercial about polyphenols.
greatest day of caroline's life?
probably.

you look nice today.
love you
bye.

Cathryn said...

Dang, you make snow blowing look GOOD. I didn't know that was possible.

Ally said...

bwahahahaha Tessa...you're killing me :) You need to tell your mom to stop calling/emailing/texting me and you take over b/c you're my favorite now.

Besides, your mom is too busy doing manual labor to talk to me.

So@24 said...

Nothing is better than a snow day.

NOTHING.

Anonymous said...

KT did you get the hunter boots on Gilt?

KT said...

Karen, I didn't. I got them a few years ago on Shopbop. I also got a really pretty eggplant color but sold them to someone else as I never wore them. But I do have to fess up to trying to get a pair from the Gilt sale but my size was sold out. So I got a bracelet instead!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.