Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I just flunked kindergarten....


Kindergarten today is not like kindergarten of old. You know, where you just went, signed your kid up and in September they started school. Oh no, it's a lot of research. Which learning program suits my child's needs/personality/learning style the best? Morning or afternoon? After school care? Private or public? So there are three kindergartens I want to look at for Caroline. And I am very spoiled because Tessa had an AMAZING kindergarten program which gave her a great foundation for her education and helped set the bar for her educational experience. And, she looked oh-so-cute in the little plaid Catholic school jumpers! Long story short- last night was the first meeting for kindergarten at one of the schools I had wanted to look at for Caroline. And these are long meetings. Long. So we sat through the history of the school, talks from students and parents and then the actual kindergarten teacher got up to speak. And I can't quite put my finger on it, but that was not the person who was going to get to shape the first year of my sweet girls educational experience. No way, hunh-uh. I'm sure she was fine, but I just didn't feel the sweet smell of cookies and crayons rolling off of her. Hugs and encouragement. Nope. So I told Brian it was time to leave. And we did. One down, two to go.

3 comments:

Ally said...

I'd be the best kindergarten teacher ever. bwahahahaha

La Belette Rouge said...

What an amazing mother you are. How lovely for your daughter to have such a responsive and attuned mother. I hope you find the best teacher possible for your darling girl.

KT said...

Um Ally, I have two words:
Home schooled


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.