Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Things that make you go hmmm....


In a pretty good case of "Katie-itis" I appear to have exfoliated my own lips off. Oops. I am a marketing SUCKER and will succumb to most any and every product that promises to make me look younger/enhance my appearance/distract me from something else I am neglecting. So I saw a lip exfoliator. Why do I feel the need to have a lip exfoliator in my life? I don't know. I just don't really know. It was however, cleverly packaged, came from Sephora and shipped with free samples. All things I NEED in my life. Right? Wrong. In defense of the company which shall remain nameless and blameless I overused the product. It came packaged in a lip-gloss/chap stick form and smelled really, really good. So I applied it oh, let's say 6-8 times per day. And guess what? The product works. I exfoliated my own lips off. In an effort to undo the damage I have applied:

Nothing is helping. I will be at the doctor tomorrow. Should you be curious to find out what happens when you remove your own lips and need to grow them back let me know.

8 comments:

V said...

Yikes!!! Let us know what the doctor says...I hope it gets better!

V said...

Yikes!!! Let us know what the doctor says...I hope it gets better!

La Belette Rouge said...

Oh, poor you!! I hope the MD can help you get your lips back. No kissing for you.

Ally said...

Your lips will have grown back my Feb 20th right? I mean, you'll be kissing my ass all weekend so I want them in tip-top shape.

Anonymous said...

I want to see a picture of what you look like with no lips! It doesn't hinder you from talking does it? That would be a true shame!

Anonymous said...

omg you silly thing! Reminds me of when I was 13 and overused the new battery-operated face brush that Santa brought me. In all the photos from that Christmas I have a bright red face (and braces!). I basically exfoliated 7 layers down.

Anonymous said...

Yah! a photo!

Anonymous said...

How are your lips? I forgot to tell you about Lansinoh Nipple Cream. It will fix you right up. If it can cure decimated nipples (from nursing a baby!) It can surely help your lips. I use it daily. Will blog about it.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.