Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Biscuits Supreme


I found this recipe in our local newspaper this morning and decided to give it a whirl, seeing as how we are snowed in. This recipe is similar to the one used at the old Cooker restaurants.


2 cups sifted all-purpose flour

4 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 tablespoons sugar

1/2 cup Crisco

1 cup milk


Preheat over to 450. Grease cookie sheet.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add Crisco. Blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk. Blend until crumbs are evenly moistened.

Drop dough by tablespoons onto cooking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. (Mine were done in 9 minutes)


I have never made biscuits before but these were great AND easy!

8 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh that looks so good!

Hillary said...

I don't know if it was the pic, your rave review, the cold weather, or my crappy day, but these buscuits sure did hit the spot. I had all the ingrdients, they took no time to make, and they are so good! Yeah, I'm sure my trainer thanks you too;-)

Anonymous said...

Mmm, biscuits! I loved the Firecracker Shrimp at Cooker. Wonder why they all closed down?

So@24 said...

If you put sour cream on it, does that make it supreme supreme?

Christina said...

Looks delicious.

KT said...

Hillary- So glad you enjoyed them. I was surprised at how easy and good they were!

And I am pretty sure that if you add sour cream they become supreme supreme. And if you add shredded cheese and black beans they become Burrito Biscuits Supreme!

Cathryn said...

I finally posted the Michelle Obama Challenge. Are you in?
http://fashiongirlsgallery.blogspot.com/2008/12/michelle-obama-wardrobe-challenge.html

Sorry, I didn't see your suggestion about waiting 30 days until after I posted the challenge. Hopefully the blog Mrs. O will give us enough material to work with.

KT said...

Cat, I'm in like Flynn!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.