Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yet another great book- Still Alice by Lisa Genova


I really can not tell you the rhyme or reason as to how I pick my books. I can tell you that when you read 3-5 books per week you wind up with a wide variety on your hands. Last night I finished Still Alice by Lisa Genova. This book was incredibly touching and well written. It is the story of a Harvard professor who is diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the age of 50. I had a hard time putting this book down when I started it the other night but was thrilled to be able to pick it back up last night and finish it up. At times the book is witty, factual and also poignant. Very, very touching as it details the struggles of Alice but also her professional and family relationships. I don't add every book I read to my Shelfari bookshelf but this one is definitely going on!

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

It sounds so very tragic. I once worked with people with alzhemier's and one woman who had moments of clarity would urge me to write down the details of my life because I might someday forget them. That memory brings tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Hi KT,

Thanks so much for reading STILL ALICE and for posting such a fantastic review of it on your blog! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed it.

All Best,
Lisa Genova


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.