Sunday, July 13, 2008

Protein deficiency?

Brian's back is giving him major problems today (he is not getting any younger) and he can barely walk. Being the supportive spouse that I am (not) I can not stop laughing because he is being so dramatic about it! Caroline is being more supportive than I am. She told me to make dad a protein shake because he is not feeling well.
FYI, for anyone who doesn't know us or hasn't tired of this story: A few years ago I woke up in MAJOR pain one night. Nothing helped. I asked Brian to rub my back and he told me to go to the hospital if it was so bad. So as the pain progressed I told Brian I would go to the hospital and drove myself there. I was in so much pain that I left my car in front of the emergency room and just gave someone my keys. (At this point in the story Brian interjects with "We had a baby in bed, what was I supposed to do?") Anyway, it turned out that I had a diseased gall bladder that needed to be removed. I was so pleased to call home and report that I was not over-reacting, so ha! So whenever Brian isn't feeling well I tell him to go to the hospital and when they remove something I will feel badly for him! Side note- if you've ever had gall bladder problems I feel your pain. The pain was so bad I told the nurse I would rather give birth again. As soon as I said that she said "gall bladder" before they even looked at me. She said that is the most common thing they hear from gall bladder patients who have had children.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your hubby's back feels better soon, not so much so he doesn't have to feel the pain, but so you don't have to listen to the whining! Men are such babies when they are anything less than 100%. I am so not the sympathetic type. In fact, I tell Dave not to be overly nice to me when I am sick because I will not be returning the favor when he is. :-)

Jane said...

Hi KT,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I think we may well be the same person. My husband is now lying on the sofa complaining of a bad back and the only time I got any sympathy from him was when I collapsed at home and he drove me to casualty. At 2am the following morning I was in surgery with an ectopic pregnancy!

Leslie said...

Your "supportive spouse" post cracked me up--although to be honest, I'm probably just like Brian!!

I can sympathize with you on the gallbladder--I had mine taken out about 2 years ago and it made me a different person (in a good way). Turns out all the stomach problems I had for YEARS had been the gallbladder all along and it had been misdiagnosed so when it came out, all of a sudden I could enjoy food again. In fact, maybe I enjoy it TOO much!

KT said...

Leslie- I know! I felt instantly better after the surgery. Whew! Who knew something so little could cause so much pain? My surgeon was super hot too so I was actually looking forward to my post-op visit!

KT said...

WTW- I also saw that you are a writer. Lucky duck. I went to journalism school and the only thing I write is stuff on my blog. Or mean letters to people at work! :)

KT said...

OK update on Brians "condition"
I gave him some muscle relaxers and he is so goofy he is acting like the sister from Sixteen Candles when she took muscle relaxers right before her wedding. He is making me freaking nuts!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.