Sunday, October 21, 2007

I am not cut out for nursing

What I really wanted to say is that Brian is the world's worst patient but I am trying so hard to be patient with him. Anyway, they wound up keeping him Friday night to monitor him after surgery. Saturday, he decided he wanted to stay that night too. Then, he decided he wanted to come home. But first, he asked me if I was going to let him watch football and baseball if he came home. Uh, and this is different from any other day in our lives how? Anyway, Brian got home last night around 7:30 or so. Shortly after he got home we realized that the nurse gave us gauze pads for his nose (surgery area) but no tape. So I used band-aids to hold the gauze in place. I slept on the sofa so that he could have the room to himself and enjoy some peace and quiet. Around 12:30 a.m. Brian came downstairs to wake me up for pain meds, and then again at 7:45 a.m. He was kind enough to let me know that he was officially eligible for pain meds at 6:30 a.m. and I should have set an alarm so I could wake him up to take them. Now he can have his pain meds again at 1:45 but he is arguing with me that since he missed them by an hour earlier this morning he should be allowed to have them an hour earlier now. He also complained about the size of the spoon I brought him with his Jell-O. One of the best things was the look on Tessa's face when Brian said he would do the same thing for me. Anyway, Brian is on the mend now.

0 comments:


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.