Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm a pepper you're a pepper... Dr. Pepper for dinner!


I'm sure it is no big surprise to anyone who has read my blog more than twice to hear that I love soda. Specifically Pepsi, but I sure wouldn't turn down Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper in times of need. I'll even stoop to having a Coke if there are no other options. It's kind of a long standing joke in my family that I even have recipes that call for soda as a main ingredient. What can I say? Meat combined with soda. What could go wrong?

So tonight, I am marinating chicken and ribs for tomorrow nights dinner. In Dr. Pepper. Jessica and Todd, this one's for you:


Dr. Pepper Marinade

In a gallon sized bag, combine the following:

2 pounds chicken or beef

12 ounces Dr. Pepper (one can)

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup lime or lemon juice

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 medium onion, minced

1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce or cracked peppercorns


Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. While the meat is on the grill, boil the marinade and use for basting.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What is the verdict? I may be able to get this one past Todd!

La Belette Rouge said...

A thing I know: There is a Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco, Texas. I didn't go there but I did drive by. I bet they would love to know about your recipe. It sounds strangely good.

Loving Life said...

I'm a Coke girl! I think I could possible live off of it sometimes :) I will defintely have to try this, I like Dr. Pepper too!!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.