Thursday, May 21, 2009

The trickle down effect... Or: A little bitchy goes a long way


As I continue my lifelong quest for knowledge I ask you this:

Why do moms/wives/women get asked such silly questions?

True story: Once my husband called me at work to ask me if we had any milk. Normally this wouldn't be a problem except HE CALLED ME FROM HOME. I described to him in detail what our fridge looked like and how it opened so he could find out for himself. But back to today's burning question.


Again, HE CALLED ME FROM HOME.

Aargh. So I very kindly called the company that installed our new hvac unit less than three years ago. The one I have had to have three service calls on. One of which was about a month ago. And I thought I was VERY kind when I explained to them that part of our reasoning for purchasing a new air conditioner was that we like to have cool air. And guess what? My a/c is fixed now. How COOL is that?

*Tessa thinks I'm passive aggressive. I think I like to get things done in my own way. You're welcome Brian.

6 comments:

Ally said...

Yeah I can't stand questions like that either. Al knows I have the contents of every cabinet, closet and appliance memorized so to him, it's quicker to just as me where something is. MEN.

Hillary said...

Oh yeah I get these wacky no sense questions too. I usually give an off the wall answer and then wait for him to give me a confused look. Then I tell him that if he asks me a crazy question, he gets a crazy answer...

La Belette Rouge said...

This is so funny and that is because it rings so true. I get phone calls asking me of we have any mustard. I explain to him that having a uterus does not give me secret powers of remote viewing of the refrigerator.

WendyB said...

LOL!

Polly said...

hahahaha I can so relate to that. My favourite is, "Do you know if such and such a shirt is clean?" Um sorry DD I don't actually wear your clothes....

BTW - really enjoying Escape at the moment but totally blown away.

Anonymous said...

Oops! It's usually ME doing things like Brian does!!!!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.