Monday, May 11, 2009

The seven year itch....

No, not in my marriage, in my career! I have been in the same position within my company for seven years now. My job and I are almost common law. In my business, people tend to last about a year before they head on to another company but I have stuck it out. I love my company. My only problem is that we are based out of Indianapolis and living in Columbus makes it really hard for me to commute and relocating isn't a option. A job came open within my company to oversee the operations of our Northeast Ohio properties and take one property which needs leased up. My specialty! So as of Tuesday I will be headed out on the road getting acquainted with my new staff's and their properties. And so it goes. A new challenge for me! It is bittersweet though because I have developed many relationships over the past several years that will need to change a bit with this new transition. So there may be a few tears but I'm guessing they will be backed by a few beers as well! So Cheers to my new endeavor!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations on the promotion, Katie! That's awesome!! I'm sure you'll rock the new position.

La Belette Rouge said...

Come on, since we can't move to you will you move to L.A.? Pleeeeeeeeeeeez???

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Katie!! That's awesome.

Stephanie said...

Good for you! Congratulations!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.