Friday, May 8, 2009

Me versus the Volvo, yet again


Will I ever win with this car? I am determined to be the victor in the Great Battle of the Volvo. Brian scratches his head about how I am still driving this car (with all of the rain we have had there is a nice amount of standing water in it when combined with a humid day makes me feel like I am driving around in a mold-scented greenhouse) but I have told him that I will drive this car until I have to call him stranded on a freeway somewhere stranded because the bottom fell off of the car. And for the record, I am serious.

So anyway, a few years ago I put a cd in the cd player and it got stuck. It has as of yet never come out. Fine, whatever. But I am going to be doing quite a bit of driving over the next week and thought it might be nice to listen to some cd's. So I called my local Volvo dealership and told them of my drama with the cd player but was honest that seeing as how I waited two years, it must not be that important to me so I didn't want to spend a lot of time or money but did they think they could help?

Fast forward to this morning. Like a hopeful moron I was up bright and early for my appointment to get my cd player fixed. I was at Target WHEN THEY OPENED so I could pick out my new cd. I was SO prepared to drive to work listening to Black Eyes Peas or Eminem with the wind whipping through my hair as I looked so cute rocking out in my Volvo. Wake up Katie, this car has never failed to let you down. After sitting at the dealership for one hour they informed me that my car has one of the "newer" Volvo cd players and when a cd gets stuck in there it isn't coming out. But a new cd player is $250.00. It took one hour of my day and my pre-purchase of Total Clubhits to find this out???

Damn I hate my Volvo. But I do like my new cd I am listening to on my computer at work.

1 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I am sorry that Volvo is giving you trouble. I have had 4 of them and none of them ever gave me any trouble. Have a great weekend and happy mothers day!!!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.