Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mid life crisis???


I've been wondering lately if I am in the middle of my mid-life crisis. And I don't say this to be funny, or to encourage anyone to tell me that I am still young. I just feel different. And I can't stop daydreaming about Botox and Microdermabrasion, dream vacations, etc... And when I hold a new baby I really only enjoy it versus the old pangs of "Oh, I want one of these again." And I've been pondering exactly when mid-life hits? And while I know statistically I am not quite in the throes of my mid-life crisis, who is to say that I'm not? Maybe I am only meant to be 74 in the end? So, to make my mid-week ramblings short, here is what led me to really, really feel old today, and also provide me with a good laugh. We're sitting in my office today on a conference call about our company's 401K program. Which is pretty important to everyone except for the 19 year old in my office. So the phone is on mute as we listen in and one of the guys who works for me mentioned how growing up his family had a party line and the only way to "mute" a conversation was to unscrew the mouthpiece and take the speaker out. To which said 19 year old said in all seriousness: "I saw a phone like that at COSI once in middle school on a field trip." Awesome. Just awesome.

4 comments:

Ally said...

Aww, Katie. Don't worry. I'll always be younger than you too.

;)

KT said...

Ally, you are too good to me. Thank you.

Ally said...

*mwah*

Last year on my birthday my boss asked me how old I was. I said, "Younger than you." I'm pretty sure she considered firing me for a split second :D

Anonymous said...

Midlife crisis??? No way! My 30th is coming up in the next couple of months and I have decided my mantra shall be "If 30 is the new 20, then that means I get to be an asshole for another decade"!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.