Sunday, June 21, 2009

The things we do for love...







Man, I'll tell you what. I think bunnies are becoming one of the most oft-talked about items on my blog.



First, we had the Good Friday Gang Bang- A bit tacky, I know but really, when blogging don't you need a good attention getter to differentiate yourself from the rest? Or maybe I really am just that tasteless.



Then, we had my Easter Bunny costume- You know. The one I slept in as a part of my wild plan to be the BEST MOM EVER.



Well, tonight I ate a carrot off of the ground in yet again, another one of my "Let's make memories to last a lifetime" efforts. Earlier today we spotted one of the new bunnies hovering around our yard. Quite possibly a result of the Good Friday Gang Bang. Our yard has been ripe with baby bunnies lately. Scads of them. So cute. Anyway, today Brian comes in from mowing the yard to tell us to come on out and see the baby bunny in our yard. And no joke, that bunny only has three legs! (Did you hear the one about the three legged bunny? No? I'm still working on that one...) That poor baby bunny had our entire family chasing it around the yard to get a closer look at it and pen it in so I could take a picture of it. (This was after I made Brian promise the bunny was not three legged because he ran over it with the lawn mower.) Later in the day Caroline went to the grocery to buy some carrots to entice the bunny to come back into our yard (Sure, after the four of us chased it around with no mercy like a freak show) and sleep here. Before she went to bed she wanted to check and see if the bunny had come back to eat the carrot. Sigh. Being the good mom that I am, guess who went out into the mulch bed and took a bite of the carrot. All I can tell you is that this better have helped my eyesight because I really took one for the team this time.

5 comments:

Ally said...

I let a boy move in w/me after our 4th date. That's not love so much as sheer insanity. Now it's love :)

Polly said...

hehe you are a cute mummy. I did a somersault on Friday at kindergym because Ollie told me it was "mummies turn" I thought he might try to copy, but nope he laughed and found something else to do!!

presious said...

Looks like you might have a little friend for a while. He might return for more :). Know what they say, "once you feed them, they don't go away"..lol! You just might get your chance to see him afterall.

Anonymous said...

I smuggled a kitten in on Christmas eve. In the morning, I went into my daughter's room on hands and knees with the kitty, dropped it on her bed and bolted out the door hoping she'd awaken. She caught me sneaking away, noticing the kitty. I told her, "Oh, Santa left this under the tree for you so I thought I'd bring her in to you for a Christmas snuggle!" She believed me and it was a great Christmas for a 7 year old girl...

Anonymous said...

Oh Man, did I forget to mention how every year I have to set a "leprachaun trap" on March 16th eve? I upend my youngest sons room, toilet paper the place up good, and leave doll shoes and clothes behind so he KNOWS they were really there!!!! This year he brought in an American Girl doll maryjane shoe and Felicity's colonial riding jacket as PROOF to his teacher and classmates that leprechauns come to our house.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.