Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Evolution and elimination

As I started blogging (both writing and reading OPB- again, Other People's Blogs) it became very clear to me. I'm supposed to have a theme. My blog is supposed to be ABOUT something. Some of my favorite early blogs were about fashion. I was amazed to find out that people chronicle their clothes, day by day. Shocked. People look good enough to take their picture daily? And share it? Holy mother. I get photographed about once a year, and that needs photo shopped. My first blog I followed was Kasmira. No joke, she photographs daily. And opens herself up to the kudos and criticism of others. Ballsy. Admirable. Then I found Kimberly, and the Slightly Southern gang at Cute on the Cheap. But as time passed I found myself admiring the stylings of other bloggers. Real "life" bloggers. Sharers of wares and witticisms. Purveyors of Pucci and Prada. You name it, I found it. And loved it. Still do. And even though I am aware that my blog should be about something, I don't quite think it has a recurring theme. And at this point, I don't think it will. But I'm OK with that, and I hope you are too. I've shared my house drama, husband drama, kid drama and my life as a momma. I tried the outfit deal, but it's not quite for me. (I lose my camera cords on a regular basis, don't know how to use a self timer on a regular basis and kind of look like hell on a regular basis.) I am, however a big fan of sharing is caring so while I have eliminated myself from the photographing portion of blogging I think I've evolved into accepting that my blog may be a bit like Seinfeld. It's not really about anything. But you know what? I think I'm going to go along with this flow.... Come along for the ride, won't you?

7 comments:

WendyB said...

I say write whatever you like. I supposedly have a theme but you know I don't stick to it. I was turned down for membership in a fashion blog group because I wasn't fashion-y enough for them!

Polly said...

I love your Blog KT - please don't change it. I completely can relate though as mine too is just bits and peices of me and my life - is't that what is great about getting to know friends though, just getting to know the bits and peices.

xxx

Rachel said...

thanks for urging me to make christina's sopapilla cheesecake! i am def going to try it out this weekend!

La Belette Rouge said...

Blogs about nothing are some of my favorite kinds. Keep at it.

And, I say we start a blog group "Those who write about nothing" and if it turns out a member writes about something they get expelled. Ah, power!!

Hillary said...

I agree, don't change it! I love reading all of your random topics. It's your blog and you can write what you want! We'll still read it.

Unknown said...

I just write about random stuff. There's usually enough drama around here to give me plenty of material.

Sara said...

I love that you are so random! You never know what you're going to get! I wouldn't change a thing.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.