Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Confessions of a drama queen, take two

I thought I had it all planned out.

  • A day without tears. Boy was I wrong. Cried in the shower. If you cry in the shower where you are already getting wet does it count as crying?
  • Got to work. Needed to deliver notices to residents. Had a carefully crafted plan to have the new girl deliver the notices to the area where Jordan lives so I could avoid the moving van (what I don't know can't hurt me) and pretend nothing was amiss in my little world. Took the neutral half of the property for myself. Which turned out to be not so neutral. Jordan's garage is on that side of the property. As was Jordan's moving van which was being loaded up with their belongings. Crap crap crap.
  • Managed to avoid contact with said moving van and owners of said belongings. Was walking safely back to my office when in front of my very eyes was Jordan's OH SO AMAZINGLY KIND mother in law Diane. Crap crap crap. Thank GOD for the fact that I had my paper towels in my hand. Because I have to tell you, I have been crying so much I need paper towels. I am crying too much for Kleenex. Boy, I saw Diane and the tears started. (Even though Jordan popped into my office AGAINST STRICT ORDERS TO STAY AWAY OR ELSE I WOULD CRY which MADE MY CRY for the second time of the day, both before 11 a.m.) The poor new girl. She came walking up to the two of us hugging and crying. Oops. But, at least Diane cried with me. That made me feel better. Everyone knows, misery loves company. And after that good cry, I am proud to say that I didn't cry again until 5 p.m. And again at 7 p.m. OK, and maybe around 5:30 or 6:00 when I emailed Jordan.
Tomorrow is a new day. I'd bet money I'll cry again.

3 comments:

Polly said...

Sending you lots of hugs KT - cry as much as you need.

La Belette Rouge said...

Oh honey. I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. Hugs to you.
p.s. I wrote a post about Kleenex today. Maybe we should have done a double post: Tears and Kleenex.
I hope today is easier for you.xoxo

Tasha said...

Ohhhhh, me likes this idea a lot. Might have to steal it. I do the crying in the shower thing, too. Or crying while I wash my face. Great blog!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.