Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I guess I'll be keeping the top up...

I lasted four days before I caved and went to drive the Volkswagen Eos. And trust me, I have made it my intent not to look at cars and get myself all hyped up because at stated over and over and over again, I am going to drive the Volvo until the BITTER END. But since seeing the Volkswagen, I can't stop thinking about how maybe this is the car for me. Amazingly enough, even Brian was excited to go see it so tonight we decided to head over and check things out.
So, on the way there Caroline was a bit bummed out because she has been holding out for a mini-van, a-la her friend Gwynneth. After a bit of negotiating, she reconciled herself with the idea of a traditional car, not a mini-van. (Caroline thinks topless cars are cool.)
And I have to admit, the Volkswagen Eos is a pretty sweet ride. I let my banker (Brian) have first crack at driving it and he was VERY impressed by it. It is gorgeous. Here is what I did not bank on. I was a nervous wreck. All I could think of was a bunch of "What ifs?"
What if I am driving and a random piece of debris his my child in the open car?
What if I am driving and my child undoes her seat belt and winds up on the road?
What if my child decides to stand up in the backseat and winds up on the road?
Moral of the story: Convertibles are not for me. I will keep my top up thank you very much.
Back to the drawing board. Looks like the Volvo and I are still in it for the long haul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could always drive with the top down when caroline WASN'T in the car...

Polly said...

Oh yes you absolutely could - or you could try the Passat CC......


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.