Friday, June 12, 2009

Shrinkage...


If you know me, it is common knowledge that I really, really dislike talking on the phone. Guess what I dislike even more? Listening to messages. Caller ID? Love it. I see that you called me, and I will call you back. Listen to your message? Doubtful. I'll most likely just call you back based on my missed calls.

I do have to say that today I actually listened to my messages, and I got a message that really got me thinking. And I won't say who the message was from, unless she wants to shout from the rooftops "It was me!" but I'll tell you the gist of it and how it got me to thinking...

Condensed version of the message:

Do you ever notice that you start out your day with good, straight posture only to notice that when you get in your car to drive home you have to adjust your rear view mirror down because you are sitting with a slump after the day beat you down?

Damn. I never thought about that but how perceptive.... And you know what, absolutely I have days like that but not today. Today was yet another tearjerker. But in a good way. As I have transitioned myself out of my old job and into the new I have been so fortunate to have so many well wishers come to my office to tell me they will miss me. Thanking me for years of kindness. And all I can say to them is Thank You for letting me be a part of your lives. Really. I mean, how lucky am I to be able to go to work every day and see people accomplish feats like graduating from college, potty training a child or getting their first paycheck after months of being unemployed? Getting a sofa or set of dishes that they saved up for? Opening their first checking account? Those are the days that make me sit up proud and tall on my drive home.

To my friend who had the not so great slump in your seat day: I hope tomorrow is better. I hope you can leave your mirror in the exact same position in the a.m. as well as the p.m. And on the bad days remember- There is an end to pool seasons everywhere!

3 comments:

Polly said...

Well now - that really is insightful - wish I got some interesting messages like that!!

presious said...

KT,

Yes, I am quite guilty of that. However, I sometimes notice I slump anyways...lol! That's even worse. I am one of those who are constantly adjusting the mirrors :).

Presious

Ally said...

I think it means your caller needs to destress her life. I suggest drinking.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.