Sunday, April 12, 2009

Am I bunny material? Or a reverse playmate?


In my ongoing effort to be the BEST MOM EVER I did one of the most goofball things I have ever done. Last year I purchased a full body Easter Bunny Costume. I LOVE things like this. We had so much fun with that thing. We rode around my property at work on a golf cart in it, and I swear the older ladies had the most fun with it! Then, I brought it home and went door to door visiting our neighbors in it. Our neighbor Bob, who is in his 80's may have been the most appreciative of the group, and rewarded me with a big hug for my efforts. Then, I hid the costume in my car so Caroline wouldn't see it. I forgot it was in my car and drove it, along with two friends to the Kentucky Derby. And I'm not kidding, because I could not make stuff this good up. After a day of drinking and having fun in the sun, it seemed like the natural progression of things was to put that thing on in the parking lot of the hotel and go around. So I'm not sure how I came to this decision, or actually went through with it but last night I slept in the bunny costume, minus the head. Last Easter Tessa put the costume on and laid down on the sofa like she was the Easter Bunny but had fallen asleep at our house. I brought Caroline downstairs and she FREAKED. And not in a fun way, but in a "I'm going back upstairs and not coming back until that bunny gets the &*$# out of my house" kind of way. Lesson learned. But this year, she has seemed to have a better handle on the bunny. So I thought it would be SO FUN if she woke up to the bunny again. But I was worried she would wake up early and head downstairs to find her Easter basket without me. Which led up to my decision to sleep on the sofa IN the bunny costume with the head next to me. And you know what? I got a surprisingly good nights sleep in that thing!
*FYI- I also have a stork costume. Sometimes a guy sees a hot bunny and next thing you know a stork is in order!

5 comments:

Sara said...

You are too much! You actually slept on the couch in the costume? Now THAT'S a good mama!

Karl-Edwin Guerre said...

is way too cute.

Unknown said...

omg that's hilarious! ...you slept in it?!?!?!? ahahahahhah

La Belette Rouge said...

You are the best bunny I ever saw. Love it. Your kids are very lucky.

Tracey said...

My Mom dressed up in a bunny costume one year. The thing is is that I was 33 years old... and she did it more for the little ones in my and not for me, but I still loved it and it's one of my favorite memories of her. :)


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.