Monday, April 6, 2009

Pride by Association...


Back in high school I worked on my school newspaper with a very talented girl, Monica Yant-Kinney. Monica went on to become a very talented journalist and works in Philadelphia. In addition to being very talented herself, it appears that she has married a very talented man! Monica's husband David has written a book called The Big One. It is the story of an annual fishing derby in Marthas Vineyard. I've been excited to read it just because of the fact that I went to school with Monica. And I am very excited and proud for their family. It's a pretty big deal to get a book published. This weekend I picked up a copy of the book for Brian as an anniversary gift and I started to read it myself. I have to admit to getting a little choked up reading the dedication at the front to Monica. I went to high school with some pretty cool people but I'm not sure how many of us have had books dedicated to us. And with my love of books, I thought that was pretty special. But then I began reading the book. And it is good. I have become quickly absorbed in the characters and am impressed by the way David has taken a fishing story and made it interesting to a non-fisherwoman. It is a story of competitive spirits and comraderie. Read it. You'll be "hooked"
*Please note- this book is available at Barnes and Noble. The only thing available at Barnes and Noble written by me is the sales slip I signed yesterday when I purchsed this book. So much for my career in journalism!

4 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

It ain't over yet. I feel sure that I will have a book with your name on it.

KT said...

Trust me, I will see yours long before you will see mine! In fact, I'll be at your first book signing. How's that for an incentive plan?

Jane said...

It looks like a good book. I got acknowledged in Jenn's book this year. After 43 years it was worth the wait!

Jane said...

It looks like a good book. I got acknowledged in Jenn's book this year. After 43 years it was worth the wait!


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.