Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend wrap up...

Brian just wrapped up his "busy" season at work and they always celebrate by having a reception afterwards. Which it is very nice that they are able to enjoy the end of a stressful and productive time, but here is how this shakes down for me.
1) Brian is gone a lot which means I am Caroline's sole source of entertainment. Yet as soon as she spots Brian I am obsolete in her world. Good for the ego.
2) Brian works very late and comes home a bit wound up and not quite ready for bed. Which would be fine, but I AM ALREADY IN BED. Wednesday night was especially awesome as he got home at midnight and decided to blend himself a protein shake. The only thing I wanted to shake at that point was... Oh wait, I know you can't shake a baby but what about an adult?
3) Thursday night was the big celebration. Again, would be fine except I am guessing my husband "over-celebrated" as Friday morning around 5 a.m. he woke me up with the sounds of his celebration coming back up. Niiiice.....
4) So Saturday morning I am pretty sure I'm going to get to sleep in until AT LEAST 8 a.m. Sounds pretty luxurious right? Caroline comes into my room at 7 a.m. and politely says "Excuse me mom, can you turn on Martha Speaks?" OK, time to get my day started. SO I headed to Target to get a few things I needed. Was there at 7:55 a.m. only to be met with lines of girls getting their copy of the Twilight movie. (Yes, I bought one) Yesterday was Caroline's birthday party so we hosted 17 kids. Which means just as many presents for one over-stimulated child who wanted to do/make/touch/play with EVERYTHING as SOON as we got home.
5) Today, well today I'm just getting my two kids, husband, myself and two of Tessa's friends on a plane for spring break in California. Please, say a little prayer...
*California ladies- I'll email you when we get settled and have what resembles a "plan" in my world

4 comments:

Christina said...

Have you watched Twilight yet? I got it through Netflix yesterday and I am so excited to watch it today.

KT said...

I saw the midnight showing when it came out. I have to say I preferred the books. Books win every time with me!

Jules said...

Great post..Keep on writing..;D

WendyB said...

LOL -- that's quite the list of annoyances.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.