Sunday, March 1, 2009

Aveda, take me away...


Not sure why, but I have been feeling pretty un-inspired and a bit worn down over the past few days. I called my Aveda salon to schedule a facial. When asked which facial I wanted I replied "A quiet one." I even went so far as to tell the girl on the phone that they could leave me alone in the room for all I care. Due to a little juggling in our schedule today I needed to call and re-schedule for later this afternoon versus my early afternoon appointment. I knew things were bad when I got there and the girl at the front desk said she was SO glad I didn't cancel completely because on the phone I sounded like I REALLY needed to be there. Ummm... oops. I didn't know my complete and total desperation for an hour of solitude were so clearly showing through. I really, really would have spent an hour alone in that room reading for all I cared... An hour later and a few compliments on my skin (don't know if she meant it or was just trying to keep me in a calm place) I was out the door and feeling so nice and refreshed. Ahhhh, Aveda. Thank you.

*Speaking of books, I finished The Piano Teacher by Y.K. Lee. I have read a few books lately that I have been a little so-so about but this was a really, really good and engaging read. For sure a book I would suggest to someone else if they were looking for something to read.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love Aveda salons. The whole experience is just so relaxing. Once my job nightmare ends this month and I have a little extra time, I plan to indulge in a facial there myself. Which one did you have?

Ally said...

OOH and that so doesn't count as shopping either!

I'm glad you got some time to yourself :)

KT said...

Ally - doesn't count as shopping. Brian paid for it for me!

Jane said...

I am glad you enjoyed your treat. I will check out the book.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.