Thursday, February 11, 2010

College bound...


My sweet girl. Tessa. Remember a week or so ago when we were "seeing blue?"

The "last minute" college that got thrown into the mix when I was pretty sure we were down to University of Kentucky and Indiana?

St. John's in New York?

Well, can I just brag in ALL CAPS?

We got notified that Tessa was awarded a FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP.

I'm beyond proud. And scared. And sad. But mostly proud. OK, maybe mostly sad.

My girl is leaving me in less than seven months.

I was pretty sure I'd be turning Tessa over to blogger Ally in Kentucky for the next four years but maybe it will be blogger Wendy B. in NYC.

Is it possible to miss someone who is still here?

Anyway.... SO PROUD.



8 comments:

Ally said...

WendyB will be a good Auntie for sweet Tessa.

I'm still pulling for her to come to the Bluegrass State (big hats, cute boys, bourbon) since it has all a girl needs :)

Kimberly said...

I can't get over how gorgeous she is!! Plus she has brains - not fair!!

WendyB said...

I'll take good care of her!

musson said...

that's awesome!!!
AND HELLO! IS THAT PICTURE GORGEOUS OR WHAT!!!

Sara said...

Wow! Congratulations, Tessa (and Tessa's Mama!). That's awesome.

Christina said...

Congrats to your daughter!

K said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations to her and your bank account!

Polly said...

Wow. Good on her.


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.