Friday, January 29, 2010

see blue...

Every time I have the television on it is like a big smack in the face of reality, and not the tv kind.
The "you're life is about to change drastically and your daughter is leaving for college in a matter of months and you thought you were ready and you're not" kind.
The University of Kentucky has a hot and heavy marketing campaign and seems to be spending a TON of money on television advertising, and they have a MAJOR "see blue" blitz going on. Blue and white are the UK colors, and they even sent us a Magic 8 ball in UK blue. with catchy little messages floating around inside.
And yes, of all of the schools Tessa is considering I do think UK is a great fit for her, but I really, really am not ready to let them (or any school) have her quite yet. Poor Tessa, I know she is sick of me trying to make her spend every possible minute with me, but I feel like I am on borrowed time with her.
Well, we are down to waiting to hear from two more schools, and one of them emailed last week to let us know that acceptance letters were being mailed today. Which leaves us with one to hear from. The last minute wrench that got thrown into the plan. St. John's University in New York. Yep. Last minute application to a school I never saw coming.
Oh boy. At least there is never a dull moment.

0 comments:


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.